Justin applied for a job at UA the other day, so let's pray that he gets it and he won't work the awful hours he does now. He doesn't mind working 20-25 hours a week, they just have him work 4 days for 6 hours at a time which leaves him no time for homework/studying. And his stupid manager asked him a few weeks ago when he could work so he told her he has class until 1150am on Friday's and she still scheduled him to work 11-6pm last Friday! So, he talked to her again and she scheduled him to work 4-close today which led him to believe he was good to go- well, she scheduled him to work 11-6pm next Friday! Not to mention he worked 4-close Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and tomorrow. He tried to get someone to swap with him so he could get Tuesday off [he wanted to go to sleep early since he wakes up at 445am on Wednesdays] but the girl said she couldn't because she couldn't find someone to watch her kids- WELL she showed up at work on Tuesday when they were closing to get another girl so they could go to the club! AND THEN, she had the nerve to ask Justin if he'd take her shift on Wednesday. His coworkers are so sorry. All they're concerned with is themselves. Hopefully he can get a new job with better coworkers/bosses.
Justin had a meeting with an advisor today. He found out that he can't declare the major of Criminal Justice until he finished his CJ100 class. He's going to try and do an internship this summer [it's required for CJ majors] but to do an internship he has to have declared his major, which he can't until May, so there's going to be some roadblocks, but maybe he'll still be able to do it. I made him a degree plan for the rest of his college career [a list of what classes he needs to take and when to take them] and his advisor said it was the best/most organized/correct plan she's ever seen- and you know what Justin did! He took ALL the credit!!!!! What a joker! He knows I LIVE for "educational" compliments and then he goes and does that. I'm going to make him feel guilty for the for the rest of his life- he'll never live it down. I have half a mind to email that advisor and tell her the truth.
We're finally getting all our tax forms in- I plan to finish filing tonight, hopefully. I can't apply for another Pell Grant until I've done my taxes, thus the speedy filing.
School sure isn't slowing down, by any means. I have an exam next week [really it's two- we have multiple choice on Tuesday and word problems on Thursday], two exams the next week, and two more exams the week after that! I am VERY thankful that I only have one exam per day so I should be able to designate enough time to each class for studying. Along with classes, I have work [which seems like it takes up more time than it actually does] and the clubs that I applied too are going to pick up in Feburary.
Justin is still enjoying his classes. They're keeping him busy, as well, and he said his classes are easier than they were at Shelton State. He's been pretty sore from his SOP workouts- I didn't realize he does that for the whole 1 1/2 hours, I thought he did that for 30 minutes and regular PT for an hour. Apparently it's pretty tough, though; two people have already dropped out, leaving only four left.
Tom seems to be doing better, he's keeping his eye open now. I think his pain medicine upset his stomach- he thrown up 5 times I think, 3 for sure I just don't know if the other two were him. I'm going to try to take him to the vet tomorrow for his eye check up and let them know what's been going on.
I'm happy I'm taking Marketing this semester. My teacher is really awesome and she shows us these video clips that are pretty interesting. One of them was about a tongue scraper called "Orabrush". It's HUGE on YouTube and their advertisements are too funny. I really want to get some for Justin and I! Here are a few of their videos, for your enojyment! WARNING: The last video does have humor that some of you probably won't find entertaining. It's nothing graphic/inappropriate, just something you'd probably hear come out of the mouth of a immature teenage boy.
I little bit of background information.
I find this guy SO funny for some reason.
Ps- he's a friend of the marketing guy from the first video; that's how he got this gig.
One of their many YouTube commericals.
Yes, I totally downloaded the app after I saw this!
No comments:
Post a Comment