Thursday, January 13, 2011

Never Let Your Praying Knees Get Lazy

Well, as usual, all mine and Justin's praying has paid off- he got his immunizations AND his GI Bill taken care of today. He finally got ahold of Ft. Rucker to give them permission to release his MMR dates and later on Student Receivables got ahold of Montgomery to confirm, I suppose, that Justin gets the GI Bill. When he got accepted to UA he filled out a form at Shelton State that would transfer his benefits to UA, but on Tuesday we noticed that it wasn't credited to his account like it should have been- which means he couldn't pay his tuition, buy his books, or confirm his enrollment [paying tuition confirms your schedule]. He was getting the run around yesterday and today, but when he got out of his ROTC class at 5:00pm he had an email saying that his GI Bill finally went through! He went straight to the University Supply Store [Supe Store], confirmed his schedule on one of their computers, and bought his books. The GI Bill covered almost ALL of his tuition, which is a wonder blessing since it was about $4500.

His shots were a head ache as well. We went to a health clinic on Friday so he could get his Meningitis and his TB screening done, but he had to get lab work done to see if he was immune to MMR still. For the TB screening our nurse told us we needed to come back within 24-36 hours for them to check it, so we went back on Saturday. Turns out, you have to go back 48-72 hours so I have no clue what that nurse was talking about. Anyways, he was suppose to go back on Sunday, but he had to work until 6pm I believe and by that time the ice/snow storm had shown up so the roads were all closed! And of course, they were closed Monday as well. He ended up going back to the clinic on Tuesday, but since it had been more than 72 hours he had to get another injection and he went back this morning to get it checked- the results were negative for him having TB, so he was all good to go! He came home and used the trailer park office's fax machine to get his shot records from Ft. Rucker that had his MMR immunization dates, he said he was up there about an hour but at least he got it taken care of!

NOW, the only thing left he has to get taken care of his his grades from Shelton State. We don't see this as being as big of a deal as his shots or tuition, since he can't get kicked out of school for not having these news grades transferred since they already have a set of grades for him, even if they aren't the best. Hopefully he'll get that straightened out soon though!

In other news, we have both successfully complete our first day in all our classes, with the exception of one of my classes that doesn't start until January 26. We both got good vibes from our teachers, but that's how it typically is the first few days and as the semester drags on so does our distaste for our teachers. Hopefully our teachers really are what we're expecting them to be though! I know for sure my accounting classes are going to be challenging, which is expected. I'm planning on joining two clubs this semester: Delta Sigma Pi- a business fraternity; and the Women's Initiative Program- encourages women in business and sets them up with mentors and such. I'm also planning on attending career fairs and Beta Alpha Psi meetings [an ACCOUNTING fraternity] which I won't be able to join until Fall because you have to have taken AC310, which I'm taking now. Justin is also planning on becoming more involved in ROTC this semester- he was mentioning that some people may be going to Hurlburt Field sometime and, although he's been before, he'd like to go too because he would get to see a different side of it than before.

Another thing that worked out for both of us this semester- we're both off on Thursday and Sundays the whole semester! It's great that it worked out that way. The only negative is that we definitely will not be making it to Enterprise this semester. I have class on Friday and I work right after and then again on Saturday and I'm sure Justin will be working every Friday 4-close and Saturdays and he has class on Fridays also. I could maybe get someone to cover one of my weekend shifts, but since that's already almost impossible I doubt I could get both covered plus I don't need to miss anything in my class. Justin really doubts he'd be able to get anyone to cover his Friday shifts since noone likes to close at his job and he has more than one class on Friday so that would put him pretty behind. We may be able to squeeze in something over Spring Break, but we'll have to see when the time comes.

I'm getting more and more excited for Bubby and Ally [brother and sister in law] to move back to the states! They'll be here by the end of the month and, although, I probably won't see them anymore than I do now we'll still be in the SAME time zone which means we can chat on the phone and Skype way more often- which is just as good as a face-to-face visit for me. Ally and I Skyped the other day for 4 hours, we probably would have gone longer if both our hubby's hadn't come home within 5 minutes of each other. I love having a sister I can have girl talk with- especially since we have so much in common. Not to mention I usually get to see sweet Mara Jane for a while before we get into our deep conversations- Justin is always jealous when I Skype them and he's not home ;)

Dad OFFICIALLY started pilot training for Southwest yesterday in Dallas- he got his I.D. and all. I'm so happy that it finally happened- after 2 years of waiting, you begin to wonder if it'll ever really happen! I feel bad for Elaine though, she has to stay home, alone in that big ole house- good thing she has her cats for company!

The weather here is BEYONG freezing. I have icicles hanging off my car. The weather man says it's suppose to warm up on Sunday and continue to get warmer- here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment