Saturday, January 22, 2011

Can I Have Your Attention Please

For those who don't know, Justin and I have gotten rid of Laila. I just say we were her foster parents. We didn't think the whole situation through because we were too excited at the time, but we just really didn't have enough room for a lab. She did OKAY in the house, but the yard is pretty much non-existant and we had to keep her on a leash the whole time. The man who has her now has kids and other dogs he goes hunting with so she should be plenty happy! I felt AWFUL having to lock her up in our bathroom anytime we were both gone and cooping her up in this little trailer. But, now she has plenty of room to run and has kids that will play with her 24/7. No to mention Bear is pretty happy to have all the attention back on him again.

Also, a little side note- in two of my classes [OM300 & MKT300, for those who care] they have talked about Southwest Airlines and how great of a company they are and I always get so excited now that Dad is a pilot. I keep ITCHING for them to ask if anyone knows someone who works there so I can shoot my hand up ;)

Justin found out he has to work Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 4-close which he isn't too happy about. He's going to ask if he can start working the day on Tuesdays since he doesn't have class at all and he has PT at 530am Wednesday!

Justin finally got me to go to the rec center Thursday. I did the eliptical for 50 minutes, walked 4 miles, burned over 500 calories, and kept my heart rate up as far as the thing would measure. I was pretty pleased with myself. Hopefully I can keep it up. I must say, our rec center is pretty neat. There are tons of things to do- Justin wants to try out racquet ball soon!

Well, in less than a month I'll be the big 2-1 which is really weird; I still feel like I'm 16. I am excited though. I'll be legal to do anything- rent a car, supervise someone with a learner's permit, drink some wine, buy a house, adopt a child- anything and everything, except be president and let's face it, President Rachel just doesn't sound appealing so no love lost there!

Justin decided that he's going to do his math homework at home instead of the lab, as long as he makes an 85 average he'll still get the 2 bonus points so it'll hopefully work out and give him more time to relax.

I feel like I'm spoiling yall putting up two posts this week, or maybe three? I figure I might as well while I have some free time before my semester REALLY picks up. I'll close with a few pictures of my sweet babies!

Tom is so mean to Lexi! He taunts her all the time.

That is his seat anytime he's in the car. 

Hahaha! He laid like this the whole time we Skyped Allison.

Anytime Justin leaves the car, Bear watches out for him to make sure he comes back.

He loves the snow.

Can you BELIEVE this is Tom?!

This is for everyone who knew Allie, our cockapoo!

She was so tiny and cute! She was the best dog ever :(

No comments:

Post a Comment