Thursday, January 20, 2011

Work, Work, Work, All Day Long.

So, needless to stay, the life of two full-time college students/part-time employees is packed full. We just started back to school and Justin and I already have our hands full! This semester is worse than last because we're both taking more hours and the classes are harder. Justin spends almost all of his days between work and school- we usually see each other at night, for about an hour during the day, or just long enough to grab a bite to eat at the Ferg. Even on the days we're both off of work, we don't  get to see each other much since our school schedules are so opposite. He goes MWF 8-1250 and TH from 8-950 and 2-5 while I go MWF 11-1150 and TTH 8-1215. The homework is being piled on as well! Now that I'm getting into my upper level accounting classes, I actually need to really study, read my book, and do the homework since it's my major GPA that will be really focused on in the future. I don't think Justin has been having TOO much homework this week, except for his math class. He has to go to the computer lab on campus to do the quizzes and he COULD do the homework at home but if he does it at the lab he gets extra credit SO he's been spending quite a bit of time up there this week. I'm not complaining about all the work, right now. I actually am enjoying every class I have except my taxation class- they need to just dig a whole and bury that stupid class. Thank the Lord I get to pick between tax accounting OR audit accounting. Tonight was a sort of "career fair" for accountants- a lot of accounting firms show up and you get to give them your resume and network yourself. I was planning on going, printed up my resumes, dressed nice, made arrangements to meet people to go with, and 30 minutes before it started I noticed that my resumes we completed smudged! I don't know if it was the resume paper colliding with my laser jet or what, but it wasn't pretty. It wasn't AWFUL, but definitely not professional and I didn't want those firms to get a bad impression of me. Since career fairs are pretty common, it's not a big deal that I missed tonight but I still was looking forward to it. I, also, finally turned in my applications to two clubs today so hopefully I'll be able to put those on my resume soon :)

Justin got ASKED to do this SOP [Special opporations program] workouts thing with ROTC today. His FTO's [don't know what that is] recommended him! They said he was the only one who had the mental toughness and such to do it. It's pretty much the same thing as PT, but it's more intense and starts at 530 instead of 6am! Other people volunteed to do it, but he got ASKED so you know that's a good thing- and let's him know he's made a good impression so far!

Hate to cut this short, but Justin is irritating me to get off so we can go to the rec center!

No comments:

Post a Comment