Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One For the Money, Two For the Show

So, I got myself another part time job today!

It all started yesterday when the accounting advisor, to all the accounting students, sent out a mass email to everyone talking about a new job opening. It was specifically for accounting majors, you had to be able to be here at least a year, no experience necessary, and doing things like file, run errands, reconcile bank statements; just basic accounting things. I emailed the woman as soon as I got home and about 15 minutes later her assistant called me wanting to set up an interview! I was so happy. I immediately emailed all the people I work with at the library to see if they could take any of my shifts- if you recall, most of my shifts are during the day and this accounting place closes at 5pm so it wouldn't have worked out well if I had to work at the library from 4-7pm. THANKFULLY I got someone to take my Monday's 4pm-7pm and Friday's 1pm-4pm- which is PERFECT because she wants me to work Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from about 1230-5pm; Wednesday's I still work at the library, but that's my late night so I don't work until 7pm. The woman runs this business out of her house, she's disabled with congestive heart failure, but she's been doing it for about 40 years and the house is set up very nice from what I saw- she has her office up front and two in the back with a filing room. The interview went well, she told me what all I would be doing and all the formalities and once that was done, she hired me on the spot! She pays $7.75 an hour, but there's potential for a raise if I do well, and when I'm running errands on my car she'll pay $0.50 a mile. I have one of the offices in the back fully equipped with a computer, printer, two phones, a nice "L" shaped desk, and filing cabinet. It's a pretty sweet deal, I don't even care how much it pays- it's over minimum wage plus I'm mainly only doing this for experience so I can put it on my resume! I start next Monday. Oh, AND she made sure to compliment my resume and GPA- she said she was very impressed with both and liked the way I set up my resume! What a wonderful ego boost ;)

School is school. I finally had my Taxation exam today- I must say it wasn't as bad as I was dreading it to be. However, I still don't have my grade back so let's hope I didn't just bomb the whole thing! I have another exam tomorrow morning and then one next Tuesday; after that, I'll be done with all my "first" exams. I'll start registering for Summer and Fall classes at the end of March so I'm trying to figure out what teachers I want, what times, and a few back up plans for when the classes I want fill up before I can get to them!

Justin had a few tests last week. He did really good on his Criminal Justice and Math exams, but his Biology did go over as great. He didn't have much time to study with his work schedule- hopefully next time it'll work out better.

I can't think about anything else that's going on? The weather sure has warmed up and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I sure hope it stays like this! I hate the cold with a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment