Monday, February 21, 2011

And These Are the Days of Our Lives

Busy, busy, busy- that about sums up the last few days! I haven't gotten to post lately because I swamped last week with interviews, school, and work- and that was even without any homework [I took a break from it, which is catching up with me now!]. This week hasn't been any different and it literally just started; it's hard to believe it's only Monday. Today feels like it's been 5 days thrown into one.

Well, last Thursday I had an interview for a business fraternity on campus- Delta Sigma Pi. I felt like the interview went well; it was a "group interview" so I interviewed with another guy which was a little weird since I had never done that before. But, it ended up being okay and they accepted me so now I have to go through the 6-7 week rush process before I'm considered a full-fledged member. This will look really good on my resume since it is one of the best known business fraternity's in the US, plus I'm thinking about running for the financial officer of my pledge class which would look even better.

Along, with getting accepted into DSP I started my new job today! I worked from 1230-5 and they kept me pretty busy! I ran an errand first- OF COURSE Justin had my GPS so I had to go buy half directions/half phone GPS so I got lost a time or two, but I ended up making it out alive. When I got back, Laura [Ms. Bobby's assistant/my coworker] taught me how to use QuickBooks a little and I did A LOT of entries today. I think I'm going to have to get glasses sometime soon; I've noticed that I always get head/eyeaches when I've been reading/on the computer/watching tv a lot. But yeah, so work threw a lot at me; I just hope I can remember it all by the time Wednesday rolls around.

Now... On to the BIG news- Justin FINALLY put his two weeks notice in at Pet Supplies Plus. I've been nagging him to quit for a while now because it's been hurting his grades and I keep telling him that he doesn't need to hurt his grades over a job that he doesn't even need. Well, he went in to work Saturday and walked in the backroom to put his stuff up and it was an absolute mess- that was the last straw for him and he marched up front and told his manager he was putting in his two weeks notice. He said he hates his job and when he saw the mess in the back, that he would have had to clean up, it was enough for him. I'm just glad he finally did it. He's still looking on campus for a different job with better hours, but since I got this new job he's not in any rush so he doesn't have to pick the first job that comes calling.

It looks like we'll be headed to Enterprise in March for Brittney's [Justin's cousin] wedding. It will be an even shorter trip than the last- we'll be leaving here at 5pm on Friday and then headed home as soon as we wake up, probably, on Sunday since we both has meetings on Sundays. The real kicker is that I don't even have class that Friday morning because it's the Friday before Spring Break and my teacher needs to get to Chicago BUT we can't leave until after 5pm because of my job and since I just started I don't want to already ask off- we'll just have to make do.

It's getting late and my brain is fryed. I can't even think if anything else is going on? Oh well- I guess it'll have to wait until next time.

I hope the weather is nice where yall are. It is AMAZING up here. I just love Spring weather- it is the absolute best weather, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment