Well, almost! Sophie is basically naked now... Her hair was getting matted from being so long so we had no choice but to shave her. She looks funny, but we still love her!
I hope everyone is okay after all these storms and tornadoes! All is well in Tuscaloosa. Yesterday it was supposed to get bad so Justin and I rounded up an overnight bag and all the animals and headed over to his friend's house. We stayed in his basement from about 5pm until 11pm. We were going to stay the night because we thought the weather was going to be bad all night, but it ended up clearing out so we got home around 1115. We never did have any tornadoes in Tuscaloosa and it didn't really get too bad rain wise- I'm not complaing at all though! We have been so fortunate and I can only hope and pray that it stays that way for as long as we live here.
In addition to yesterday's events I, of course, had to wake up bright and early this morning to take a basic skills assessment for my education program. It was composed of reading, writing, and math and lasted just over 3 hours. I have no idea when I'll get my scores back so it's just a waiting game! I am so tired right now, but I still have so much stuff to do today.
Next week is UA's last week of classes before Spring Break... Which means every teacher is trying to get in one more test before we all leave. I have 4 exams- really it's 3 exams and 2 essays that count as 1 exam- over the course of 3 days next week so I have to study study study for the next few days! Justin got lucky and only has 2 exams AND his 9am MWF class is cancelled on Wednesday and Friday. No fair!
I started my practicum last week. I've already completed 5 hours so I'm half way done. Since I'm not really sure what I can and can't say about it [they made me sign a confidentiality agreement] I think it's best if I just say that it has been going good so far. The class is a mix of special needs kids and general education kids so I get a little bit of both worlds. I'm scheduled for the same times every week so I'm only there during snack, art, and speech/language time. I wish I had more variety in my hours so I could see how the class works at different times, but it's not a big deal. Next semester, Fall, I will start doing practicum in actually elementary schools and I get to schedule my own hours so hopefully I get get some variety! I think in the Fall I have to be in the schools 55 hours over the whole semester, which is a lot compared to the 10 I have to do this semester! Before I can do my student teaching [internship] in Spring 2014 I have to spend a total of 150 [I think!] hours in the schools and 90 of those hours have to be in 3 hour increments.
Justin and I already know what classes we'll be taking next semester. Justin will be taking 16 hours in Fall, but he's going to try to fit in a class over summer so that he can bump down his Fall hours to 13. He'll be taking his Air Force class and lab, American Civilization II [history], History of Crime and Its Treatment, Research Methods, and Intro to Ethics. I will be taking 12 hours [I took a lot of classes this semester so that I don't have to take as many in the Fall when I take on my heavy practicum load] which consist of: Teaching Music in Elementary Schools, Educational Psychology, Survey of Elementary Education, and Fundamentals of Reading Instruction.
I hate to cut this short, especially since it's been so long since I last did an update, but Justin has recruited the pups to get me off my computer so we can go check the mail while the weather is reasonably nice! I'll, hopefully, get to post again sometime next week before we head out to Shreveport for Spring Break- which we are SO SO SO excited for!!! I, for one, canNOT wait to meet sweet Bella and see how she does with Bear and Sophie. Mara is going to have a puppy overload!!

No comments:
Post a Comment