Happy Valentine's Day!!
I hope everyone is having a great day. Justin and I had planned to go to dinner and a movie tonight [which is a HUGE step up from doing absolutely nothing last year!!], but since we both have a lot of homework to do we decided to post-pone our date until tomorrow- plus we get to skip the V-Day crowd.
Justin and I have our first Geology exam tomorrow so we're busy studying for it. It's a mixture of multiple choice, true/false, matching, and diagram questions [a picture with an arrow asking what it's pointing at]. I'm excellent at multiple choice, but true/false is always my downfall. You would think having a 50/50 chance of getting the right answer would help, but it really doesn't. There is always one itty, bitty word that distinguishes whether the statement is true or not and it gets me every single time. Justin actually has his theater exam tomorrow too so he's been studying double time. Please pray that we do good!
Today I had Part I of my music exam- Part I is called the "competency exam" and Part II is our quiz. When we have exams Tuesdays we do the singing/playing/reading sheet music part and then on Thursdays we do the quiz- this first quiz will focus on notes, pitch names, the learning process, etc. My competency part went well- I made 20/20! There were 3 songs wrote on 3 difference pieces of paper, face down, and I had to pick one up and I happened to get Twinkle Twinkle Little Star- the easiest out of the three [the other two were Frere Jacques and America]. The whole competency took not even 3 minutes. Simple and painless!
I was supposed to find out today when/where I will be doing practicum for my Special Education course, but so many people haven't gotten finger printed [which has to be done and you have to be cleared before you can do anything with the kids] that she decided to push it back until Thursday so people can get it done. Hopefully I will have some news about that near the end of the week!
In other news, our house has managed to attract yet another stray cat. He showed up about a week ago when I was letting the dogs out- he walked right up to me and was the sweetest thing. He had a collar on, but no tag, so Justin and I let him sleep in the bathroom since it was cold that night. The next morning I let him out and we didn't see him for about a week... Well, he showed up again when Justin was letting the dogs out 2 nights ago. This time he didn't have a collar :/ We, again, let him sleep in the bathroom and let him outside yesterday morning. We didn't see him all day, but this morning when Justin was letting the dogs out, AGAIN, ole faithful showed up. We let him stay in the house while we were gone at school, but kicked him out shortly after we got home. We call him "Blue" because that's the color his collar was the first night he showed up. As for his fate... I put him on Craigslist hoping someone will want him. He's the sweetest thing and I hate to know he doesn't have somewhere safe to live. Please pray that we can find him a good, sweet, loving new family!
Well, that's about it right now. I'm going to go study- wish Justin and me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment