Not really, but we're about to be!
Justin was finally assigned an APT (awaiting pilot training) job today so he will be doing T-1 Maintenance until UPT starts, which is still up in the air. Justin said that even though his job is "T-1 Maintenance" he won't actually be working on the aircraft (according to friend that is doing T-38 Maintenance). He goes in tomorrow at 0700 to start training. We don't know what hours he'll be working, but his friend that's doing T-38s said that he usually works from 0700-1430/1500 so it's going to be an all day job it seems. We were trying to work it out for Mr. Reggie, Mrs. Phyllis, and Brandon to come out next week/weekend, but since it looks like both of us will be working most of the day it isn't going to work out. Speaking of, I am finally going to start my job at the CDC tomorrow. I had to do more paperwork this week and get fingerprinted and then I'm going to Human Resources tomorrow to finalized the paperwork and get my direct deposit started and then right after I'm going to the CDC to start training. I called today to see what I needed to wear and she said that I should be okay to just wear jeans and a t-shirt since I'll be doing nothing but training modules tomorrow... a big improvement over the business casual that UA required for education majors! I'm excited to finally start working and earn some more money. I was actually called today for an interview as a front desk clerk at Laughlin Manor, which I applied for as soon as we moved here, but I told them that I had already found another job. It figures that I'd be getting all of these job offers once I got a job!
In other news, this weekend Justin was going to go to Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg with some ROTC friends that are also stationed in Texas, but the plans fell through so now they may end up coming here to stay with us instead. One of the boys, Kyle, has a friend that knows someone graduating from UPT Friday so a group of his friends are making the trip with him and Kyle figured it would be a good excuse to come visit with us too. He hasn't told us much about his plans, but we know he'll be coming in on Friday and then leaving either Saturday or Sunday. Since it looks like I'll probably be busy all day Friday Justin and I are going to use today and/or tomorrow to deep clean the house so that when Friday comes Justin just has to do a few touch-ups before Kyle arrives. We don't have any plans to do anything special while he's here, but since there isn't much to do in town I'm sure we'll just visit and then Saturday there will be football to watch.
Justin's UPT date is still unknown, and from the rumors going around it seems like it will be a while before we hear anything. Today was his original UPT start date, but obviously that didn't happen. People are acting like it will be months before he starts so we'll just have to see. Although I'm sure Justin wants to hurry up and get started, we both aren't complaining too much because at least we are active and getting paid, unlike MANY people we know (and don't know).
That's about all the news I have for now. I'll try to update over the weekend after Justin and I have completed our first days on the job!
No comments:
Post a Comment