Monday, September 8, 2014

Short and Sweet

Justin and I have been pretty busy so I haven't been able to update as much as I've wanted to. Sorry!

I got a part-time job last week working at The UPS Store in town. My neighbor, Julia, that I've been hanging out with started working there about a month ago and told me they were hiring... I applied the day after she told me about it and I just got a call back last Tuesday. I started training on Thursday and worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Since the mail doesn't run on Sundays I got Sunday off, but this week I worked today and then I will again tomorrow and Wednesday. It's just a part-time job paying minimum wage so it's nothing spectacular, but it will keep me busy while Justin is working and it's more money than we'd be making if I didn't have a job!

Justin finally started flying this past Sunday. His trainer told him that he wants to have his training done by September 25 (yes, 2 weeks from now) so he's on the fast track. He flew yesterday, today, and will again tomorrow, Wednesday, and Saturday. Coincidentally he's had more time off than I have over the last week, but he also has to study while he's home so once his training picks up he'll be much busier. I wish I could go into detail about the flights he's done already, but I just don't know enough about flying to relay when Justin told me. If anyone wants details feel free to email Justin so he can explain!

Before we both got so busy we were so NOT busy. We always had time on our hands so we spent 95% of our leisure time doing projects. We finished our 7' table, made a center piece to go on it, and then turned our old TV armoire that we inherited with the trailer into a litter box hide-away. We saw something similar to it on a website years ago (literally) and we've been on the hunt for a cabinet that we could convert into a hide-away, but we just never had any luck finding one for the price we wanted to pay. We moved the armoire with us but we had it sitting in our carport for the last two months, not being used. It took up a ton of space so we tried to sell it, but no one made a serious offer so Justin had the genius idea to just cut the armoire down and turn it into what we needed. It's made of MDF so it's much less sturdy than a cabinet made of real wood would be, but for the cats it's plenty sturdy enough. Thankfully the cats use it and the ugly litter box doesn't have to be out in the open... Plus we have so much more room in our carport now. Here are some pictures:

**CLICK TO ENLARGE**







That's all for now. I'll try to keep up with the blog better once I get into the groove of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment