Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bad Habit

There I was apologizing in the last blog for being gone for 3 weeks and here am I a month later and just now posting an update! Sorry guys. When I'm not busy doing schoolwork something else usually pops up that needs my attention.

Justin and I made our annual summer trip to Shreveport last week. We stayed for just over a week and got home around 9:30pm on Sunday. It was such a good trip, like always! We stayed busy the whole time. As a group we spent our time watching Mara, going to lunch, running errands, and taking Mara to the pool. That baby is growing up fast! She is already going under the water at the pool!!!! I am still in shock of what a big girl she is. Although Uncle JJ is usually the favorite when we go to visit I am proud to say that Aunt Ray was Mara's little buddy this time. Finally! ;)

The girls and boys got to have two separate "nights" each... The boys went to supper, the movies, and the bar one night and then to a shooting range one morning. Us big girls spent our "nights" going to supper and the movies and then window shopping at the boardwalk after a lunch at the golf course. While growing up with a brother was great (minus the times we wanted to kill each other) I am super thankful to finally have a sister- and one that I get along with so well! Even if we didn't go out at all I would still be just as happy staying in and having girl time!

Since we didn't have to rush home Sunday so Justin could go to sleep early for PT the next morning we took our time leaving. We all went to lunch and to Pet Smart to pick up Evee after her grooming. By the time we left it was 3:30pm. The drive home was uneventful, thankfully. We only had to stop once to get gas and supper. The kitties and house were just as we had left them and now we're all getting back on schedule. I was able to work my homework out to where I had three days of no homework in Louisiana, but now I'm having trouble getting motivated to finish the rest. I have less than a week's worth of homework left and then my finals will be August 1 and 2. Doing work is always harder at the end of the semester when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Justin is already done with his classes so he gets to be lazy until August 21 when Fall classes start.

Our Vegas trip is less than two weeks away now and I am counting the minutes! We're all going to have a blast together! Hopefully the nose gear on our plane doesn't malfunction like that other plane's did. Please say a prayer for our safe travels!

I hope everyone is doing well! We have gotten our fair share of rain today... It started pouring as soon as we ran out to get some pizza and lasted about an hour so we are pretty waterlogged right now.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment