So this is mine and Justin's new toy! It's called the Fitbit Flex and it's an activity wristband and sleep tracker... Basically a high-tech pedometer. I got it in the hopes that it'll keep me motivated to workout and help track my progress. Right now we just have one, which I am testing out. If I like it and decide to keep it then Justin will probably end up getting one for himself, or if I don't like it I'll just give him the one I have. It's water-proof so I'm supposed to keep it on all the time, even in the shower. It's not the most glamorous bracelet I own, but if it helps me get back in shape I don't care!
I finished all my classwork for my three classes, but now I have to study for my finals which I take Thursday and Friday. I'm not too worried about them... Since I will have had four whole days to study with no other homework needing my attention I think I can do a much more thorough job of studying.
While I'm busy trying to wrap up my classes Justin is going stir crazy. He just can't sit still. He was going on and on about how he couldn't wait to be done with classes and now that he is he's going crazy from boredom. He's outside as I type trying to find something to keep him busy... His words were "All right, I'm going outside to see what I can get into." Ha! He's pretty much fixed everything that needed fixing so now he's probably out there breaking something just so he can fix it back.
We leave for Las Vegas next Monday. I think everyone is getting pretty pumped. We're all looking forward to seeing each other, especially since it'll be like a little family reunion. Uncle Dennis is going to be coming up Phoenix, Uncle Scott and Shawn will be coming over from across town, and I think Grandma and Papa are entertaining the idea for coming over from Texas for a couple of days. Dad and Elaine are going to have a full house!
Classes start on August 21 so Justin and I will have about a week of rest before we get back to real life. I'm waiting to see my syllabi for my classes, but if they don't look too daunting I'm probably going to go ahead and get a job this Fall. That way I'll have almost a year's worth of experience to bring to Justin's pilot training base and I can save up money to help with our move. Hopefully I can score an office job on campus... I'd most likely work from 8:00-4:45, have weekends off, and have the majority of holidays off since the university closes down during those times. I'm really hoping my classes won't be as demanding as my summer ones are. I'm optimistic that even though I will be taking one extra class the workload won't be as much because I'll have four months to do the work versus the two months I have to do it over summer. I keep telling myself that tons of people go to school, work, and even take care of their family so if they can do it I can too!
That's about all the news I have for now. I need to stop procrastinating and start my studying for the day so I don't have to worry about cramming it in right before bed. Love and miss everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment