Monday, June 24, 2013

3 Weeks Too Long

I can't believe it's been over 3 weeks since I last posted. I swear, I just did that wedding post last week.

School is definitely keeping Justin and me busy! Justin's on-campus class ends today and he has to take his final on Wednesday. After that he only has one online class to finish up. My three classes will continue until the end of July. I've gotten lucky though... Since I pre-planned my whole summer with what homework I was going to do on what day I was able to jam-pack June, which leaves July with a little more wiggle room.

Since Justin's online class isn't too internet dependent he will be going to Enterprise next week for July 4. I think Mrs. Phyllis, Mr. Reggie, and he are planning to go to the river to fish and since there is no internet connection down there I won't be able to get much homework done so I'm going to have to skip on that trip. I told Justin it was probably for the best though... That way I can get quite a bit of homework done while he is gone and I would probably be miserable with the heat and bugs. Not to mention if I haven't caught a fish in the first 5 minutes, I'm done. I rather stay home and not risk ruining the trip for everyone!

Once Justin gets back he and I are going to go visit Bubby, Ally, and Mara for a week- kind of a planned-spur-of-the-moment trip. Since I have more flexibility with my homework schedule in July I was able to move some things around so that we could make it out to Shreveport. I'm still going to have to do homework almost every day we're out there, but they have internet and it shouldn't take me more than 2 hours a day. Since we mostly stay in when we visit them now I figured I could make school and visiting workout. I'm super excited to visit them because that will make July fly by and before we know it it'll be August and all of us will be making our way to Vegas! Once we get back from Louisiana we will be home about 2 weeks before we go see Dad and Elaine for a week. I, also, managed to get us all 5 on the same flights! Justin and I will of course be on our own from Birmingham to Dallas and back, but from Dallas to Vegas it worked out that we could all get the same flights AND the chances look pretty good that there will be space for all of us- fingers crossed! I think we're all pretty excited for the trip... Bubby and Ally haven't been out since us 3 went when Dad first moved in in December 2008 and Ally was still pregnant; Mara has never been, unless you count nugget Mara; all 5 of us, not to mention us 4 big kids, have never been to Vegas all together; AND all of us are 21 (finally!) so nothing can hold us back from going out. If we want to stop in a casino, we can without being ushered along by security. I think it's going to be an excellent trip!

Once we get back from Vegas we'll be going to Enterprise for a few days to get Bear and Sophie from Mom and to make our annual Enterprise-before-school-starts trip. Come the middle of July we will be some world-class travelers!

Other than that we don't have any big news going on. Bear and Sophie are going tomorrow to get groomed, aka: shaved. Those poor pups have suffered in the summer heat long enough. I bet they're going to feel so much better after they get a nice, close shave!

Hope all is well in your part of the world!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment