Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Not Enough Time In The Day

Well, last week flew by! Justin was gone all day, every day doing school and ROTC stuff. Last week was UA's homecoming and Justin volunteered to do Sabers and Color Guard so he has a lot of practice last week. He got to walk in the homecoming parade with Sabers and then he did Color Guard [presenting the flags] at the begining of the game and then Sabers again at half-time where they held an ark-type thing with their swords for the homecoming queen and her court to walk under. They looked really good so all the practicing paid off! Hopefully I'll remember to put up the pictures I took so all of you can see. Mrs. Phyllis got to go the game and watch Justin do all his stuff so I'm sure he liked being able to show off for more people than just me.

This week is already mid-terms, meaning the semester is half over! It's hard to wrap my head around. I feel like we just started school a few days ago. Registration for next semester starts at the end of the month. Justin and I are going to try to get our science class at the same time so hopefully that works out! I'll start taking a few of my education courses in the Spring which I'm pretty excited about. I'll be taking a special education class and as a requirement I have to volunteer at some kind of school-related thing, called RISE, and I'll be helping teachers and observing and stuff. I'm super excited since I didn't think I would get to start working in the schools until next Fall. I only have to volunteer for 10 hours over the whole semester, but hopefully I can volunteer even more than that so I can get more experience! I'm also required to take a music class, which I believe is strictly a keyboarding class, so I'll be forced to learn how to read music and I can finally use the piano Justin bought me last Christmas! In addition to those two classes I'll be taking an orientation to education class [which is only 50 minutes a week], a computer class, the science class I mentioned, and an educational psychology class. I think Justin is going to take his ROTC classes, a science, his second literature class, a criminal justice class, and a class for his minor. Once Justin and I finalize our schedules I'll let yall know the actual titles of all our classes.

Justin is going to be in South Carolina this weekend doing the mud run with some of his fellow ROTC cadets so I'll be home alone. I would go, but since he's going to be riding up there and staying with all the ROTC guys I'd be by myself and he doesn't even know how much of the mud run I'd get to see, so it'd just be easier and cheaper for me to stay home. He's leaving Friday and will be home Sunday so really I'll only be alone on Saturday. Then next weekend he's going to volunteer at Talledega on Saturday so we won't be going to the Tennessee game. Please pray for him to have safe travels both weekends and for me and the animals to be safe while he's gone!

I guess that's about all that's going on right now. I can't think of anything else! Hope all is well in your part of the world.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment