Here is what Justin and I have been up to the last few weeks:
We made that blanket ladder and wooden flag a few weekends ago. I was tired of my blankets laying on the couch and getting smelly animals on them so I finally had Justin fix that problem. The flag was something I saw on Etsy that I loved, but didn't want to spend $65 for, so I had Justin recreate it for me. He even cut out those stars with his jigsaw! He's getting better and better at this woodworking thing.
This was our inspiration. It was $50, plus $15 shipping, for a 23"x18" flag... The one we made was about $15 total and is 5'x2'. A much better deal and we get the satisfaction of knowing that we made it ourselves.
A picture of me at work. This was from a Johnny Appleseed-themed Story Time (pre-school aged kids). My co-worker, Sam, is in charge of Story Times; she has a degree in Early Childhood Ed and she does the "lesson planning," gets everything put together, advertises, and reads the book during ST. I'm just there as a helper and an understudy when Sam isn't able to make it for some reason.
Last weekend Justin and I FINALLY rented a boat from the marina and spent the day on the lake with one of our couple friends, Justin and Macy. It was SO much fun. We can't believe it took us this long to do it, but we've already made plans to go back out next weekend before it gets too cool to be in the water. The ski boats come with a set of water skis and Justin already had a knee board so it was a fun day for us all! I tried to get up on the knee board, but I was laughing too hard to get up on it. I gave it three tries and then was done. I enjoyed sitting on the front of the boat and being chauffeured around better anyways.
It's officially fall (even though the thermometer doesn't show it) so I decorated the house accordingly! All of these decorations are from WalMart, Kirklands, or are handmade.
This table used to be brown and black (pictured below) to match our living room furniture, but we're trying to phase out the black and go white, so we repainted the table the same weekend we made the wooden flag and blanket ladder. We like it SO much better now.
I loved this broom, but I'm not really sure where to stick it yet, so it's standing awkwardly in the corner for now.
These pumpkins are one of the first projects Justin made for me once he started woodworking. I need to repaint them (the sun has faded the exposed orange) so that I can reposition them into a cuter arrangement.
I made these Death by Oreo cupcakes for Justin's flight last night. I found them on Pinterest and wanted to try them, but of course Justin and I don't need 24 cupcakes sitting around the house so I made enough for him to take his flight and then kept the leftovers. There is an Oreo in the bottom, chocolate cake mix with chopped up Oreos in the batter, cream cheese frosting with crushed Oreos mixed in, and garnished with a mini-Oreo... Like I said, Death by Oreo. They were pretty good and I LOVE the cupcake stand I found at WalMart. It holds 24 cupcakes, and I already had a carrier that holds 12, so Justin was able to transport 36 cupcakes to work safely. No word yet on how everyone liked them, but Justin liked the one he taste-tested so hopefully everyone else likes them too.
Justin has one more academic exam before he is T-1 academic complete. He takes the exam tomorrow afternoon so please say a prayer that he passes it! He's still enjoying the T-1 and is doing pretty well. He should have his first check ride in the next few weeks; I will keep everyone updated once we hear more about it.
The library is still treating me well. Because of funding issues, my boss had to cut mine and Sam's hours from 30/week to 22/week... Which I'm definitely not complaining about. Now I work 4/4.5 hours a day instead of all day long so I have more time to do things around the house and am even getting to go workout with the other wives again. My boss is hoping that now that the new fiscal year is here she will be given more funding and can up our hours again; either way, I'll be happy.
That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying some better fall weather than we are!














No comments:
Post a Comment