Yesterday Justin finally got news about wash-backs due to the three weeks of being grounded... His whole class will be "washed-back" three weeks. This means that his class will change from being 16-05 to 16-06 and the projected graduation date will move back three weeks. While the whole class gets washed-back one whole class length, the bosses hand-picked about three people from both flights (total of 6 out of the class) to "wash-back" into an even later class, 16-08. Luckily for us, Justin was NOT one of those six; he will be staying with the majority of his class and will just be moving to 16-06. Since the class is losing 6 people they will also be gaining about that many from classes that are further along than Justin's who have people that are washing-back also. Since Justin's flight meshes so well together they are anxious to see how the new students will settle-in with them.
Due to crummy weather, Justin hasn't flown since Monday. He wasn't on the schedule to fly today either, but they may add him at the last minute just so he doesn't have a "break in training".
Weather permitting, we are having a cookout tomorrow for Justin's flight. We're going to grill hamburgers and hotdogs with a side of fries and buffalo chicken dip as the appetizer. One of the other wives is making Butterfinger pies for dessert. Say a prayer that the weather holds up; I've already bought half the groceries so it'll be a bummer is we get rained out. The whole flight hasn't ever gotten together before, other than the class BBQ in January when no one knew each other, so I'm really excited to have everyone over and get to say more than just "hi" and "bye" to them.
I've been going with two of the wives to the gym to workout for the last two weeks so I'm keeping myself busy for the most part. One of the girls is really into working out so she's basically mine and the other girl's personal trainer. We just listen to whatever she says. Going with the other girls is much more motivating than when I try to workout by myself. I actually have to wrap this up so I can go pick them up.
I'll try to update sometime next week!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment