As of Wednesday, I no longer work at the CDC. Long story short, the job was awful and I couldn't take it any longer. I'm in a very fortunate position where I don't need to have a job, so I'm not going to work a job that makes me miserable day in and day out. I'm already much happier and the house is actually clean for the first time in a month. I'm still applying for other jobs, but I'm in no rush to get one. I'm content spending my time taking care of the house and animals so I'm by no means chomping at the bit for a job. Since I'm not working at the moment I have plans to go visit the Louisiana Troyers (who saw that coming?!). I'll be flying out of San Antonio and into Shreveport and will stay for a week in December. We haven't seen each other since May so it's a much-needed reunion!
In other news, Mrs. Phyllis and Mr. Reggie came out for a visit last weekend. They got here Thursday and left on Veteran's Day. We ate, watched TV, wood-worked, and ate some more. It was a very uneventful stay, but we did go bowling their last night here so they got to go out with a bang.
Today we are watching Alabama play Mississippi State, of course, and then we are going over to our neighbors to grill and hang out. They just found out they are moving to Goodfellow AFB, which is about 3 hours away, so it won't be long before they leave us. They aren't sure when they're moving, but they expect it'll be in January.
We're actually having a joint Thanksgiving with them this year. We have a whole menu planned and Julia and I split up the cooking responsibility. We're both excited to have our own grown-up Thanksgiving... I'm taking on the turkey so say a little prayer for me! We've invited a few other single guys we know, but we aren't sure if they are coming or not. I'm hoping they will so we'll have a bigger crowd and it can feel more like Thanksgiving than just a normal meal. Since we may be having a large crowd, Justin and I finally pulled the trigger and bought some more chairs for our dining room table. We got a really good deal on them because they were on sale and we got a military discount so we ended up paying only $117 for the pair, including tax. We couldn't beat that anywhere and they match our set-up perfectly.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
I don't think I have anything else to share... I'll try to post after Thanksgiving letting y'all know how it went!
No comments:
Post a Comment