That's what Allison told me, and boy was it true! Justin left on Monday and everything went smoothly, but Tuesday was another story.
Justin's truck had to be taken into the dealership to get a recall worked on... When Justin called GMC to schedule the appointment they told him that it would take all day so we would need to make arrangements for transportation. Since we knew Justin would be gone I just decided I would take my iPad and stay at the dealership all day. First, I would have my iPad to keep me busy if it really did take all day and second, I really thought that since his truck was so new they would get in there to fix the recall and it would already be fixed so I could go home much sooner than they thought. Well, that wasn't the case. I got to the dealership at 8:15 and when they asked if they could drive me somewhere or if I had someone picking me up I mentioned that I thought I'd just hang out there... The attendant made it clear that it was going to be an all-day thing and that me hanging out up there wasn't an option (I guess they don't have a lounge like the Hyundai dealership does). After a few minutes of going back and forth with the man he asked if they could drive me somewhere, but since I didn't know if they would be able to get me on base I decided that I would call my neighbor instead. Luckily enough just the night before she had messaged me on Facebook offering her and her husband's help for anything while Justin is gone and she gave me her phone number. It turns out I woke her up when I called, but she thankfully got dressed and came to get me. I was embarrassed that Justin had been gone only one day and I was already having to call in a favor to my new neighbor! Julia, however, was very gracious and wouldn't even take the gas money I offered her. After running to WalMart for a few things she took us back home, which is when I realized that the GMC dealership had my house keys! Instead of asking Julia to drive me back up to the dealership I called the housing office and asked them to come let me in the house. Thank God it was regular business hours because maintenance came to unlock the house for me for free (after-hours lock-outs cost $25). Once I was let into the house everything was pretty much cool, calm, and collected until it was time to pick up the truck. Coincidentally, Tuesday happened to be the day that the housing office was throwing a dessert contest that I RSVPed to take part in... Well, the cut-off time for dessert drop-off was 3:30pm, which happened to be the exact time GMC called me to say the truck was done. I had woken up at 6am that morning to make a dessert for no good reason. It had coconut and pecans in it so it wasn't even a dessert that I would eat myself (I actually ended up taking it to Julia and her husband tonight in the hopes that they'll get better use out of it). After all of those fiascos, Julia took me back to GMC to get the truck and the rest of the night was rather uneventful, other than me getting a headache.
Yesterday was somewhat less eventful. Sophie did throw up and potty in the house, which Justin and I usually tag-team together, but other than that I just watched tv all day.
Today I had plans with Julia to go to lunch and shopping. I went over to her house at 11:30, but her husband had to mow the yard and then use their SUV to take the mower back to self-help so that pushed us back some. Right before we were finally about to leave their dog flew the coop! He bolted out of the door and was missing for around 15 minutes. Danny chased after him while Julia and I drove around the neighborhood looking for both of them. Eventually Danny caught up with Archer and took him back home. Julia and I ended up leaving for lunch around 12:30. We went to a little soup and sandwich restaurant that had some very good chicken salad! I will definitely go back for that. After we ate we checked out a few boutiques, went to WalMart, went to Marshalls, and then headed home around 3:30. Since I've gotten home everything has gone smoothly, but I'm just waiting for something to go wrong before I go to bed. Justin needs to hurry up and get home just so things can be calm and normal again.
I'm hoping the last few days have just been flukes and the next month isn't going to be this hectic, day-in and day-out. I'm definitely keeping busier than I did when Justin was at Field Training so maybe the time will go by faster.
I've only gotten to talk to Justin for about 15 minutes total since he got there, but things seem to be going well for him. Right now they're just doing academics, but should get to fly once they have some classes under their belts.
I don't have any plans for the rest of the week at the moment, but I'm sure something will pop up for me to do. Since this base and town are so small, base likes to compensate by throwing a lot of events for the airmen and families. I'd say they have some sort of event to go to every week (last week was a spouse welcome, today was a PCS info session, Friday is drop night, etc.) so I could definitely stay busy if I wanted to!
Hang in there sweets...you can handle this :-) Call if you need me!!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Mom