Wednesday, May 21, 2014

No News Is Good News?!

Hopefully that's the case because Justin STILL doesn't have his orders yet. I'm hoping the good news, once we get orders, will be that his EAD stayed July 2 and didn't change for the second time. We are 42 days from moving and we still aren't able to get put on the wait list for a house nor are we able to schedule movers to come pack us up... Where have we all heard that before?! I really thought that since his EAD got pushed back almost a whole 2 months and that all his paperwork was already sent in that we would surely get his orders with plenty of time to do everything, but it seems like we are once again playing chicken with Justin's EAD date. One guy from the Det finally got his orders on Monday and he's the first one to get them since school got out, so we're hoping that that's a good sign for us.

After the madness that was Commissioning and Graduation I made a spur-of-the-moment decision to ride home with Ally and Mara back to Louisiana. I stayed with them for two weeks. Justin went out last Monday and then we came home this past Saturday. Since then we've been trying to find things to keep us busy. Justin has been outside a lot "piddling" with his woodworking things and he cut the grass today. I've split my free-time mainly between keeping the house clean and exercising. We're already starting to go a little stir crazy. Any time we tell someone we are going to Laughlin AFB we usually get some version of "I'm so sorry," but what we always tell people is that we actually wanted to go there and it can't be any worse than Tuscaloosa! You'd think since this is such a big town there would be plenty to do, but unless it's football season this place is boring.

Once May is over we will be busy pretty much all of June. The first week of June we are planning to go to Vegas to spend a few days with Dad and Elaine. We're looking at leaving on Tuesday and coming home on Saturday, if the flights workout. Once we get home we will have about 2 days of rest before we head off on vacation. We still don't know where or exactly when we are going, but once we get our passports in the mail we will plan the trip. At the moment we're leaning more toward a tropical vacation, but by the time we actually book it we may have changed our minds. Both of those trips should take up the first three weeks of June, which will leave our last 1.5 weeks in Tuscaloosa for packing and getting ready to move.

The weather is starting to feel summer-y. The rest of this week is supposed to get up into the 90s, which means we will not be having our windows up like we like. I put them up this morning around 7:30am since the house was at 72 and by 9am the temperature had already risen to 77! By the time I started cleaning around 10am the house was up to 80 so the windows have been down ever since. It seems that the cooler weather happened last week while Justin and I were in Louisiana.

In other news, Justin and I officially sold the trailer this week! We had went into the trailer park office on May 1 to fill out a Bill of Sale and then this past Monday they called us saying they had our check. We went up there to sign over the title to them and get our money. They are allowing us to stay in the trailer while only paying lot rent (like we have for the last 4 years since we bought the trailer out-right from it's previous owners) until July 2. If Justin's EAD gets pushed back again then I am sure they will make us start paying lot rent and trailer rent, but we are praying that that does not happen!

All the animals are doing well. Sophie has a bulging disk in the middle of her back so she has to take pain medicine every day, but the vet doesn't seem too concerned with it. We've taken her in twice for him to check her out and he just gives her a shot and those pain meds and tells us not to let her jump on/off furniture or go up/down stairs. I guess it's not bad enough yet that he thinks she needs surgery. The medicine really seems to help because she's finally back to her spunky self- thank goodness! Bear also had to go to the vet for some growths to be removed. He had a small skin-tag in his ear that was taken off without any sutures and then he had a cyst-type growth on his hip that required stitches afterward. The doctor said that it didn't look bad enough that he wanted to get it biopsied, but since Bear would already be under for his ear skin-tag he'd go ahead and remove the cyst too. They both healed up nicely and he got his stitches out this past Monday. Tom and Lexi are both keeping on. They definitely missed us while we were in Louisiana. Since it's summertime Tom is shedding BIG TIME, so he stays outside most of the day. I don't know if Lexi isn't shedding as bad or if she's just better at hiding it/grooming, but she likes to be inside more than outside so we let her in the house without any reservations.

I don't think there is anything else for me to report so I'm going to take Justin to Lowe's to waste some time ;)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment