No new news to report. Justin still doesn't have orders even though we are a month out from Moving Day. At least two people in his class have gotten their orders in the last few days, but they have some kind of special circumstances going on so I don't know if that's why they have them and no-one else does or what. Hopefully his bosses at the Det will get it done soon because the longer we wait the less likely we are to get a house right out the gate which means we'll have to stay in the hotel on base and we CANNOT have any animals there... Which means having to board 4 animals after they just traveled for 3 days to a new, unfamiliar place. I don't mind having to pay for it, I'm just worried about the stress that will put on all of them. Poor things. Here's hoping that we can get a house quickly once we get to Laughlin!
Justin took his last Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) this morning for ROTC. He passed with 97.something% so he won't have to take another one until he's officially in the Air Force. He said he "maxed out" on all of the mini-tests except his run, so he's pretty pleased with himself!
In my last post I talked about some people that were really interested in the trailer and wanted to come back to look at it with their parents on April 16... Well they called me last week and said that they were no longer interested in the trailer because they found one that fits their needs better (he is mildly handicapped). Bummer. They seemed SO into the trailer, Justin and I really thought they would buy it. However, the trailer park is still interested in buying it so at least we have them to fall back on, even if we don't get what we want for it. We're waiting to hear back from a man that called us while we were in Louisiana that wanted to look at it, but he hasn't called back to schedule a time. We talked to him Friday and he said he'd call us back on Sunday to come look at it, but it rained all day Sunday so we never heard from him. Justin called him Tuesday and left a message, but he still hasn't called back. We're going to give it a day or two and if we still haven't heard from him we're going to go ahead and approach the trailer park. At least with them we know that they'll have legitimate paperwork and we'll get the money in-full and up-front.
Nothing is going on around the house. Justin goes to class and I usually stay home and do whatever floats my boat. Today I decided to go to campus with him to get out of the house so I'm sitting in an office browsing the Internet waiting for him to get out of class so we can go grab lunch.
I hope everyone is doing well! We're headed to Enterprise this weekend for Justin's family reunion so our weekend will surely go by fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment