Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Been A While

Well, it's been a while since I last sent out an update- sorry, y'all!

Really, there isn't much to share with y'all. Justin has been busy with school and ROTC and I've been busy keeping the house in order.

I have been doing a lot of research on PCSing (permanent change of station) and the do's and don't's of a military move. I even went to class with Justin the other day to listen to his commander talk about PCSing and I will be going back on March 5 to hear people from Columbus AFB's TMO come talk to the ROTC cadets.

I've already started decluttering the house, getting things a little more organization, and we've been busy trying to sell the trailer. I have had it listed on Craigslist since we found out we were going to Del Rio in May (about 1.5 months), but only had one person call about it. I ended up listing it on a website (mhbo.com) and a day after I listed it I already had someone call. To date we've had 2 people come look at it, 1 person e-mail, 1 person call, and the trailer park came to take pictures on Friday. Everyone other than the trailer park is wanting to have the trailer moved out of the park. The first woman came to look at it on Wednesday and said she was interested, but had to look into the moving it (cost, process, etc.). It seemed like she wouldn't be able to get it immediately so we could probably work it out to where we stayed in here until we move in May. Likewise, the trailer park said if they bought it we would be able to stay until May and we would just get everything "drawn up" now and then sign it closer to "M-Day" (moving-day). The second person that looked at the house was a man and he came by yesterday. I'm a little weirded out by the whole situation because he just pulled up at the house and asked if it was still for sale and if he could check it out... The thing is, he said he saw it on Craigslist, but I made sure I didn't say AT ALL where we were located. I did say it was in a trailer park, but I didn't saw which one and I didn't say our lot number and I even opted out of the option to show our location on the map... Which means this man had to have gone to the trailer parks in town (I think there are only two) and drive around until he spotted our trailer. Kinda creepy, if you ask me. Especially since he could have just called or e-mailed us and asked for directions... Either way, he looked around and said it was nice and he'd get back to us. This guy said that if he bought it he'd want it now, so yesterday we window shopped for apartments JUST IN CASE we have to move out of the trailer and need to find somewhere to live for 2 months. As of this posting, we haven't heard back from anyone that's looked at it although it hasn't even been a week since they stopped by so we aren't worried yet. The trailer park said it'd probably be a month before we hear anything from them.

In other news, we sold Justin's car last week. We were planning to sell his car so that we could buy him a truck once he is active and we have a steady paycheck so we decided to go ahead and try to sell it in Tuscaloosa so we don't have to add all those miles to it driving it to Del Rio. We looked up the Kelley Blue Book value and then listed it on Craigslist for $11,000. A day or two after we posted it we got a call from someone that was interested! He came by and inspected it, test drove it, then went home to get the Car Fax on it. The next day we called and said he wanted to buy it! Thankfully the whole transactions went smoothly (the man was very knowledgeable about what he was doing) and it all seemed legitimate... We met him at his bank to get a cashier's check and we went got the Bill of Sale notarized for good measure. The man and his wife were very nice and we are fortunate our first car-selling experience was so perfect. We ended up getting $10,000 for the car which is actually want we were aiming for anyways, so we were happy with the transaction. Since I do not have a job or go to school anymore it's pretty easy for Justin and I to share one car for the next few months. We plan to use the money we got from his car and some from our savings to put a good sized down payment on a truck for him!

Justin, the pups, and I are going to Enterprise this weekend. Justin's cousin, Tara, is having a baby shower on Sunday so I wanted to make the trip down to celebrate baby Mason. This will probably be the last time we make it to Enterprise before we move so we are going to try to see everyone we know so we can say our good-bye's. We were planning to go home for Easter, but that's the weekend that ROTC is having their military ball, which Justin has to attend, and since graduation/commissioning is two weekends later we decided we weren't going to make the less than 48 hour trip to Enterprise that weekend.

I had a lovely birthday and thank you to all that sent me cards and well wishes! Justin surprised me and took me out to a restaurant called "Another Broken Egg Cafe" for breakfast. I always mention I want to try it when we drive by so Justin decided that we would on my birthday! The food was good and the view was even better; it's right next the the Black Warrior River and has floor to ceiling windows so everyone can look out at the water. After breakfast we went home and relaxed for a little while and then for lunch we went to my favorite restaurant, LongHorn! We had a HUGE lunch and I enjoyed every bite of it. Yum! After lunch we went home again for about an hour and then we headed to Birmingham to meet Dad! He was able to pick up a last minute overnight to Birmingham so we decided to meet him at his hotel and hang out for a few hours. We got there right around 4 and didn't leave until 7:45. It was the first birthday I've gotten to spend with him since 1999 so I was very happy to see him, even though he tried to talk us out of making a special trip "just to see" him. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:













We hope everyone is doing well! The weather has been perfect the last few days, but Wednesday we are back in the 40s. Hopefully the cold won't last as long as it did the last time! 

Love and miss all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment