I know next semester is going to be even busier, but I just need a break right now. I feel like I've been going non-stop for at least the last month and a half and I don't see an end in sight yet. I'm not even excited about Thanksgiving break because I know I'm going to be bogged down with homework since it'll be the end of the semester pretty much. I don't mind some of the work I have to do, but the majority of it is just busy work that I get nothing out of. I feel like I'm wasting time doing the work and I hate that it's not stuff I can actually use in the classroom. Not to mention my teachers don't inform us of upcoming assignments until they are almost due and I have to rush to get it done! And they are not very good at explaining the assignments so all of us students get stressed out about whether we are doing them right or not... *sigh*
Next semester I'm hoping the teachers are better about that! We won't be at the bottom of the totem pole anymore so hopefully they'll pay more attention to us.
I actually just registered for classes today. I'll be taking:
Literature for Children
Teaching Reading in Elementary Schools
Teaching Elementary Math
Managing Effective Classrooms
Practicum (observing in the schools/teaching short lessons to kids)
P.E. in Elementary Schools
I'll be taking 16 hours. Unfortunately, all of my classes except Practicum meet once a week so I will be in the classroom for 3 hours at a time. I am not looking forward to it. I've never had to stay in a class that long!
I don't know what Justin will be taking next semester yet. We have to get together and work his schedule out and figure out what he can take. I'll keep yall posted when I find something out!
This weekend is an away game so I told Justin we aren't going anywhere and no one is coming over here... We are resting and relaxing as much as we can!
Not much has happened since the last time I posted. I did teach my first lesson to actual elementary school kids last week! It was a music lesson again and it went pretty well. There was a little hiccup, but I got it sorted out. I teach my last lesson next Tuesday so wish me luck! I still haven't found a video converting software, but I haven't really looked either. I'll eventually make time to look and hopefully I'll be able to post my last 2 music lessons for yall to see!
Justin and I did finally buy a new bed! we got a king bed set for $999 plus tax and 15 year warranty. It was MUCH NEEDED! The bed we had before was a hand-me-down and free so we didn't ask questions... There is honestly no telling how old that thing was. It had NO structure to it- it would literally fold in half like a hot dog. And it was SO HEAVY! Not to mention disgusting. Yuck. It was free though and king size so I took it with open arms. We had looked at mattresses about a year ago, but we couldn't handle spending $1200+ on a new bed set at that time. A few weeks ago though we decided just to go into MattressFirm and see what they had and luckily they still had their Labor Day sale prices going on. We got a really comfy bed and we are still loving it. The first few nights it was hard to get used to, but that ship has sailed! It's so much better than our other one. Not to mention lighter... We can actually move it off the box springs with just us two- when we moved it it took a team of about 5 or 6 people to get it in! Yall have no idea how happy I am we finally pulled the trigger!
The weather has cooled down here the last few days- Justin and I had to break out the electric blanket! I wish the weather would stay like this, but it's supposed to be back in the low 80s on Wednesday. Boo! I really hope it gets cold and stays cold VERY soon. I'm going to be so bummed if Justin's first base isn't somewhere up north. I want a real winter! My fingers are crossed for Washington state!!!
Justin will find out in February or so if he got a pilot slot or not. If he doesn't there's no telling when he'll find out what job he'll have. Hopefully he'll get a pilot slot, though! *fingers crossed*
Well it's getting pretty late here and I have a long day ahead tomorrow. We hope everyone is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment