Sunday, January 1, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Justin and I have FINALLY made it home, for good. We had a good time in Enterprise and our ski trip was eventful to the say the least. Long story short, out of our church group we had broken bones, concussions, busted knee caps, and people throwing up- all within 18 hours of us leaving the mountain to come home. Also, the trip was originally supposed to be a 14 hour drive, but the drive there turned into 17 hours and the drive back turned into 19 hours due to the power steering going out on our bus and getting stuck in South Carolina for 5 hours- not to mention on the way back we traveled during the day without any air conditioning because it went out! We decided that we won't be going on that ski trip ever again... If we want to ski we will just go on our own.

I woke up this morning to let the dogs out and was shocked to have come upon this:


This is the trailer that is right behind us [even though, since our trailer is sitting weird, it is technically to the right of us]. Apparently it happened while we were gone and it's been a while because it's not hot at all anymore. I am SO thankful that it didn't reach our house with Tom and Lexi being inside with no way out! I feel bad for these people because they just moved into the trailer park a few months ago and they just put up that brown shed, in the far right of the picture, not even a month ago, I would say. I'm curious about how the fire got started. I'm going to try and see if I can look anything up on any of the local news websites.

Not much else is going on at the moment. Justin and I go back to school on January 11 so we're just going to take it easy until then. Hope you all had a fun and safe New Years Eve! I was asleep before it hit 12 and Justin went to sleep at 12:01. What an exciting life we live!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment