Monday, August 8, 2011

On the Road Again

Well, I'm back in Tuscaloosa safe and sound! I had a lot of fun in Louisiana with Bubby, Ally, and Mara but I did miss Justin and all my babies. I was in Louisiana from Monday Aug 1- Sunday Aug 7. I wasn't supposed to come home until today, but I wanted to surprise Justin and let Bubby, Ally, and Mara have a family day before Bubby went back to ALS. I'm so glad I came home when I did- Mara was sick almost the home time I was there and yesterday Ally and I started getting it. I was so miserable driving home alone and sick. I got to the house about 4:50pm, let Justin show me all the stuff that he did while I was gone, took some medicine, and I was asleep by 6:30pm.

Mara had a little birthday party on Saturday. She had so much fun having a little friend to play with. She was pretty good the whole day which is surprising since she only got a 1 hour nap the whole day! Ally went all out and cooked up a TON of food and it was all so good. The creamed corn and cake were BY FAR my favorite- go figure!

Mrs. Phyllis came up Tuscaloosa this weekend to keep Justin company while I was gone. From the way Justin talks they went all weekend long, nonstop. I came home to quite a few surprises and Justin got to eat the food he doesn't get to eat when I'm home [since I don't like it] so I'm definitely not complaining!

Someone finally wants to buy my embroidery machine. Noone ever wanted to buy anything so I decided to give up once and for all. I'm meeting the girl tomorrow so hopefully she'll follow through! When I was still doing my embroidery I did a contest so I could get more people to know about my website... Well my friend won and she wanted me to make her son a baby blanket as her prize. I FINALLY made it today since I'm selling the machine tomorrow. Here's the finished project:

"A" for Alex.
And the "A" isn't upside down- it's flush with the pattern.


It's probably a good thing nobody would order anything from me- come to find out I cannot sew a straight line to save my life!

No matter how crooked my sewing is I'm still proud of the end result. It's pretty big so Alex will be able to use it for years.

Well, that's about it for now- it's time for me to head to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment