Thursday, June 2, 2011

School's Out For Summer, School's Out Forever

Ha, not for us!

It's been a while since I last did an update- I can't even tell you what all has gone on since the last time I posted, but I can tell you Justin and I have our hands full. Summer classes started May 31 and our classes are keeping us beyond busy. I wake up at 730, workout from 830-9, shower at the rec, go to class from 10-1135 [we skip our 10 minute break and get out early instead], come home and eat lunch, get started on homework, shower around 630, in bed by 8. It seems like there's some down time between it all, but there really isn't- which means we are constantly in a rush. Justin goes to workout with an ROTC buddy from 7 until I'm done at 9, he showers, and then I drop him off at his class on the way to mine. He gets out WAY early so he's always home before me and gets to relax and watch tv for a little bit before lunch and homework- lucky him! In July it'll all be different because he has class at 8-945, unlike me who picked a class that was at the same time as my June class. It's only the third day of classes and we're already exhausted. Summer is going to go by WAY WAY WAY too fast.

In other news Mrs. Phyllis, Mr. Reggie, Grandmaw, and Grandpaw all came up Memorial Day weekend and built us a roof for our backporch! It took them Friday evening and Saturday morning and afternoon to finish it and it looks great. We also bought a nice 6 piece patio set from Academy, which I adore, and Mr. Reggie bought us a little table and chairs set for the porch. Just in time for the weather to warm up- SCORCH up is more like it, actually. I don't think Justin has sat outside ONCE since Saturday evening. I've been outside everyday sitting in our chairs- I don't care how hot it is, I've been waiting for the cold to get out of here and now that it has I'm beyond happy! We also got to pressure wash the house and sidewalk last weekend so everything looks brand new. Here's some pictures of it all:

Porch before remodeling.

Porch after remodeling.

Front view- Tom gets more use out of it than Justin, me, Bear, and Lexi combined. He LOVES it!


Porch set.


Patio Set from Academy, minus the umbrella.


Tiki torches for decor.


So you can see where it's all placed!

Needless to say we love it all. I'll get a picture of our garden one of these days so yall can see how good it's all growing!

Uh... Nothing else real big has been going on. Justin's cousin is coming to stay with us for a few days. He's going to a football camp being held at UA and instead of staying in the dorms, he's just going to stay with us. His dad and step-mom are bring him up Saturday, along with their boy shih-tzu puppy!!, registering him Sunday, and they're headed home until June 8. I THINK Kim will be the only one coming to get Easton on Wednesday and I'm not sure if they'll be leaving Wednesday or Thursday- I guess we'll find out this weekend.

Monday I have to get up and take all the animals to get their yearly shots- Tuscaloosa has a thing where you can take them to a designated area and drive up, they pop all the animals, and it's only $11 per rabies shot. Can't pass that up! The closest one to us is right up the road at Publix. Hopefully I can get there early enough and not have to wait forever and a day in line.

Okay, I really need to quit jabbering and get on my homework. I'm trying to stay on top of it this summer and not slack off like I do in the fall and spring ;) I'll close with a SUPER cute picture!!


Doesn't that just make you sigh?!


No comments:

Post a Comment