Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do the Smarty Pants Dance

Justin pulled out a 3.9 GPA this semester! I'm so happy/proud of him and I'm sure all of you are too. Of course, he doesn't act that excited, but I know he is ;) That brought his overall GPA up to a 3.2 so now he just has to keep it up!
As for me, I pulled out a 3.5 this semester, better than my 3.2 last semester, which brought my GPA down a few hundredths of a point but still kept it at a 3.6. I'm happy with it, but I have to make sure to pick it up the next two semesters so I can graduate magna cum laude!

Well... As most of you know Justin and I went to Enterprise this past weekend. We left Thursday morning, stayed until Sunday afternoon, headed to Auburn, then headed home Monday afternoon. It was nice being in Enterprise and away from our "war zone" but I was happy to lay on my couch yesterday with absolutely nothing to do and noone to go see.

Brandon's graduation went well, but it was INCREDIBLY hot even for 930am! It was supposed to only last 2 hours, but by the time it was 1130 they still had half the 3,000+ graduates to recognize. Thank God the graduates could leave once they were called and thank God Brandon was in the first half of the name calling. We scooted out of there the second he left the stage. I can't imagine how hot he was- he was wearing a full-length, BLACK cap and gown. Jeez. It's a wonder noone had a stroke.

Since we've been home Justin and I have just been getting ready for our next trip. We're leaving tomorrow, Thursday, for Louisiana to see Bubby (Matt), Ally, and Mara. We're going to stay about a week and head back next Thursday. We have a few fun things planned while we're there, but the one I'm absolutely MOST excited about is going to the Dallas Zoo!!!!!! I have most definitely always loved the zoo, once wanting to become a zoo keeper when I was a "grown up"; anyone who knows me knows I LOVE animals, too. The last time I went to a zoo was when Dad and Elaine lived in DC [can't remember the year?] and we went during Christmas time and all the animals were hibernating! :( Hopefully this go around will be a much better turn out for us all (I understand that B, A, and M didn't have such luck when they went a few weeks ago, either!).

Well, I need to sign off and help Justin pack! I hope everyone is enjoying some great weather. It's been hot where we are and even though I complain, I love it. I hate cold weather so I am welcoming this heat wave with open arms.

On another note our garden FINALLY has a bloom! YAY! I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it in my next post!

Love and miss yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment