Monday, October 7, 2013

Ta-Da!

**CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE**


This is the project I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was so excited about Justin working on. I had seen these kinds of pictures frames on the Internet for $100+ for the size I wanted ($40+ for the smallest sizes) but with Justin's new tools I enlisted him to be my picture frame maker. It measures 25" across and 29" tall (from point to point) and fits two 5x7s and one 8x10. It started out as one giant 4'x8' piece of MDF and Justin shaved it down to this marvelous masterpiece. This was his second try and it is a huge improvement from his first go-around; it's crazy how quickly he improved his technique. Eventually I want him to do another frame, maybe just a plain frame or a fancy one like this but in a different pattern, to put our marriage license and another picture in. He's getting better and better with each project he does. He has to do each project at least twice, but once he makes the mistakes on the first one he's able to correct them for the second try. As he keeps churning out items for me my "honey do list" gets longer and longer... Who knows if he'll ever be able to do a project just for himself ;) I do think he's going to start working on some form of shelves for the shed sometime so maybe I'll have some more pictures to share soon!

1 comment:

  1. WOW...that turned out beautifully! He is doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete