Saturday, May 18, 2013

Busier Than Bees

**CLICK A PICTURE TO MAKE IT LARGER**

The living room when we first moved in and got settled. The rug came with the trailer and we didn't think anything of it until we decided to take it up. Come to find out there were tons of stains under the rug.

Entertainment center that came with the trailer... It didn't match our furniture in the least, but we didn't care.


Filthy carpet the night before we took it up.


I don't know if you can tell, but in the top half of the picture there is a huge stain that was hidden by the rug and the couch. Justin jokes that the previous owners much have killed someone there.

After the carpet and foam got taken up. We looked like real trailer trash then.

Taking up all the nails and staples in the floor. That was the worst part of the whole project.

All the nails and staples were taken up and we put primer down to help the planks stick to the floor better.

Halfway done and looking good!




ALL THE WAY DONE! 

I just love this picture. It looks like real wood! It brightens up the room SO much and it looks a million times better than that God awful carpet.



Mrs. Phyllis found that rug at Lowes on one of our trips... Regular $100 but was on sale for $10!!!!!! We snatched it up and it actually looked really good with all our furniture in there.

Bear and Sophie love the new rug.



We also switched out our living room and bedroom tv stands. Since no one ever sees our bedroom we figured we'd suffer with the eye-sore, not-matching tv stand and put the nicer tv stand in the living room so that it matched the furniture better. The doorknobs are different colors, but I think that's a small price to pay.

All in all we are very happy with the way it turned out. Some of the planks aren't sticking as good as the others, but we bought some glue that seems to make them stick. We were going to do the hallway too, but that carpet wasn't bad at all. Mrs. Phyllis and I actually had the thought to leave the hallway carpet at the exact same time... I think it was definitely God talking to us because not only would it have been a PAIN to get up that many more nails and staples, but I don't think we would have had enough planks to finish up the hallway. It was a tedious project, but definitely not hard. I think Justin and I could have done it ourselves if we had all the right tools. But, I sure am thankful Mrs. Phyllis and Mr. Reggie came to help so the process would go faster and we wouldn't have any hiccups!
In addition to doing the floor we have managed to hang a new hallway light, hang Justin's shadowbox he got for Christmas, pressure wash the trailer, rehang Justin's closet shelving that completely collapsed on us while we made one of our many trips to Lowes, AND pick-up my new treadmill from a lady down the road.
Mrs. Phyllis bought this light on sale from Lowes a long time ago (but since we moved to Tuscaloosa) for about $5, originally about $120! She knows how to find a good bargain at Lowes. We had it in our office to begin with because the fan/light combo originally in there was awful, but we soon realized that the bulbs make our small office SO HOT! Justin came up with the idea to switch it with the hallway light since we barely use the hallway light it won't make it too hot in there.


That whole shelving unit fell while we were at Lowes. This was after Justin and Mrs. Phyllis repaired it and Justin did some necessary fat-shaving. There was much more on the shelves when they fell and made a huge mes.

Mrs. Phyllis had this shadowbox made for Justin for Christmas and we are just now getting it up to Tuscaloosa and hung.

My new treadmill! I've had a gym membership at Planet Fitness since March, but since I only use the treadmills while I'm there Justin and I decided it'd be smarted for me to just cancel it early and buy a treadmill off of Craigslist. This bad boy folds up for easy storage, has wheels so you can push it around easily, and it keeps track of your time/distance/calories burned and has multiple built-in running programs (some of which instruct you to use those pole things). The woman said she bought it for $500 originally and I was able to talk to down to $200. It works well and looks like it is in very good shape. She said that she had bought it after she broke her foot hoping she'd be able to run on it, but she guesses since it was the bone on the bottom of her foot the treadmill is too rough for her. Coincidentally she lives about 5 minutes from our house so it didn't take any time at all to go pick it up- getting the money out of the ATM took longer than getting the treadmill did!

Well, needless to say the Griswold's have been BUSY this weekend! We still need to make one more trip to Lowes and put all of our outside furniture back in place before we can call it a day, or weekend I guess.

Hope yall are enjoying your weekend! Yesterday it was overcast all day and sprinkled on and off and then around 615pm it started pouring. It was in the mid 70s all day yesterday and was so nice, but today it's hot and muggy- high of 86.

Next weekend Justin and I have a wedding to go to that's about 2 1/2 hours away and then summer classes start on August 28. Hopefully we can take it easy in-between and enjoy some relaxation.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment