Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Late Thanksgiving

I'm so sorry I didn't get to call anyone on Thanksgiving! Justin and I decided Tuesday night at dinner that we were going to go to Enterprise for Thanksgiving after all. We got there around 1pm on Wednesday and we didn't slow down until Thursday around 8pm and I figured that was too late to call. I hope everyone did have a good Thanksgiving though! Mom was down in Brooksville because Great Grandma had a massive stroke and she's in a coma right now- the doctor said it's only a matter of time before she passes- so Justin and I thought that since that is one less person we have to split Thanksgiving with we should go ahead and go to Enterprise. MaMaw, Mr. Reggie's mom, ended up going to eat at Grandmaw's too, Mrs. Phyllis' mom, so we ended up not having to split up Thanksgiving at all. We had a good time while we were down there so I'm glad we got to make it.

We went to our first and last Iron Bowl yesterday... Thank goodness it was a good game! It was freezing cold though. I had on long johns, thick socks, pants, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt, thick wind/winter jacket, and gloves and I was still shaking like a leaf. Thankfully a lot of people left the game early so when we left we only had to wait about 5 minutes to get on a bus to take us to our car.

We go back to school tomorrow and then we only have two weeks before finals. I actually don't have any finals- woohoo!- so I will be done with class the first week of December. This week will be my last week with the first graders I observe. I will never see them again. It's hard to believe that it's already over. It went by way too fast. At least next semester I will be in the classroom ALL DAY on Monday and Tuesday! Fingers crossed I have a good class and supervising teacher. Along with being done with all my classes the first week of December I'll actually be done with my MWF class this week so I'll only have to go on TR the first week of December. My MWF teacher is letting the two weeks in December [first week and finals week] be a help session for the class- those who haven't gotten a good grade on the assignments get to come in, get feedback, and then can resubmit their assignment. Lucky for me I've made 100% on all my assignments so I will not be going to that. I still have about 5 assignments and an exam left before the semester is over, but they're all going to be easy so I'm not worried.

Justin had finally finalized his schedule for next semester:

Air Force class
Air Force lab
Statistics (for Criminal Justice)
Criminal Law I
Principles of Human Communications

He's taking 13 hours so he shouldn't be too bogged down with school. His schedule is pretty good except for his Criminal Law class. It's on Tuesday from 615-905. At least it's only once a week and he gets out of his morning class at 915 so he has quite a while to relax and/or take care of things before class that night. He's not looking forward to his Statistics class, but hopefully it won't be as bad as he's expecting.

I can't really think of anything else to talk about right now so I'm going to sign off!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment