Justin leaves for Field Training tomorrow morning! We really need any prayers y'all can handle. Justin doesn't think he's going to be able to sleep tonight because he's so nervous. Please pray that he makes it to Maxwell safe (and is safe the whole visit), does excellent at FT, and that he has a fun time! And please pray that I can make it through the next 5 1/2 weeks with my sanity intact! The last 1 1/2 weeks won't be so bad because I will have seen him at his graduation and he'll be able to have his phone during combatives, but the first 4 weeks will be torture... After he calls to say he made it safely I won't talk or see him until the end of July. The most contact I'll get is a letter here and there. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on his goings-on whenever I get those letters though! I hate that I won't be able to easily get in contact with him if there's an emergency or something like that. Especially since I'm starting to not feel great... I'm kind of afraid I'm getting an ear infection again like I had in October when I was running a fever for 48 hours straight and Justin was in another state for an ROTC thing- how familiar! Hopefully it's nothing though and I'm just imagining it. I already set up a system with Ally... I'm going to text her everyday at 11am&11pm to let her know I'm okay and if she doesn't hear from me there's probably something wrong. I've even set alarms so that I don't forget to text her.
I know Justin is really nervous about FT, but I keep telling him even if he gets bottom 33% (lowest rank of the whole FT group he went with- there are 6 different groups going throughout this summer) he STILL would have made it to and through FT, which quite a few people aren't able to say. 7 people alone got thrown out of the first FT training bunch for failing their exams and PT tests. I keep telling him not to put too much pressure on himself so hopefully he's listening to me... For once ;) nevertheless, I keep praying that he rocks FT's socks off so fingers crossed he does!
In addition to Justin and me needing prayers Justin's great uncle also needs them! I don't know many details or even if what I think I know is true, but he's been battling cancer (not sure how long) and a few months ago he had to have surgery for it. He was in kind of bad shape and had to have a tube in his stomach and all that. After the recovery the doctors seemed to think that Gary was fine (I think?!). However, just this week or last he went to the doctor again and his cancer is back. The doctor told him that he's expected to live only 3-6months! I really hope this isn't the case, but he and all of Justin's family need your prayers! Of course all of Gary's immediate family is taking it hard, but one of his son's is really broken up about it so pray that he can find some peace in all of this mess.
I hope everyone reading this is doing well and can take some time to pray for all of us. Even if it's just 5 seconds! If I know anything it's that the power of prayer is AMAZING!!!
You better be letting your old mom know that you are alive and kicking on a regular basis too...so, you just need to add my number to that text message as well!
ReplyDeleteJustin is going to run circles around those guys at FT...hope he can find some peace about it once he gets there and settles in.
Good Lord, I am so sorry to hear about Justin's uncle...we will be sure to send prayers and well wishes their way. Let me know if there is anything more we can do.
Love you, and looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks! Be careful up there by yourself. Chele, Ally and I may come up for a night...if you are up for company?? Call me...
Love you babe,
Mom