There isn't much else to report right now. Justin and I have just been laying low trying to finish up the semester. We both have to go to class the rest of this week and then next week are finals. Justin has a final next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and I only have a final on Wednesday. I'm already done with my computer class and I made an A+! I have an A- in my mythology class so far, but with extra credit I'm hoping to make an A [our teacher won't let us make an A+ with the help of extra credit]. We aren't sure of Justin's grades yet, but teachers will have them posted within the next few weeks.
Last weekend we went to Enterprise for Justin's great uncle's funeral. He passed away on Wednesday Nov. 30 and we left Friday and came home Sunday. The funeral was very nice and we're glad we got to see everyone, although we wish it was under different circumstances. Uncle Junior was such a sweet man and he is surely going to be missed!
Our Christmas break is going to be capital B-Busy! We're leaving right after our last final next Wednesday for Louisiana. We hadn't planned on going back anytime soon, but we just had SUCH a great time a few weeks ago we couldn't wait to go back. We'll be visiting Dec. 14-20. Justin will be headed to Enterprise on the 21 to go hunting for a few days and then I'll be joining him on Dec. 23. Apparently there's a pretty good handful of people in ROTC that are from Enterprise, or the surrounding area, so we're going to get together and go eat at Larry's BBQ on the 23- some of you may remember that that's where I worked in high school and it is my FAVORITE bbq place, ever! On Christmas Eve we're doing Christmas with my side of the family at Mom's house. On Christmas day we're doing Christmas morning with Mrs. Phyllis and Mr. Reggie at their house, for lunch we're going to Mamaw's with Mr. Reggie's side of the family, and for supper we're going to Grandmaw's with Mrs. Phyllis' side of the family- we are going to be stuffed! As far as I know we don't have any plans for Dec. 26... We'll probably just relax and let all the food from the previous 2 days settle. At midnight we're going to meet at the church and head out on our way to West Virginia for the ski trip. Justin said they usually get about 50 people to go and we'll all be going on a charter bus. I believe the trip takes around 14 hours, but we sleep for most of it and we stop in North Carolina to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then at WalMart, closer to the ski lodge, to buy groceries for the trip. We'll make it to West Virginia sometime on Dec. 27, we ski literally ALL day on Dec. 28 and Dec. 29, and then we'll head back to Enterprise on Dec. 30. Thankfully, Mrs. Phyllis is gracious enough to watch Bear and Sophie while we're on the ski trip so we don't have to get them boarded. I'm not sure when exactly we'll be headed back to Tuscaloosa. I guess it depends on what time we get back on Dec. 30. If it's not too late we may go ahead and head home since the cats will have been locked in the house for a week, otherwise we'll be headed home early Dec. 31. After we make it home we don't have any plans for the following 1 1/2 weeks of our break. I'm sure we're just going to be recooperating and watching Alabama in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! We wanted to buy tickets, even though we still don't know the price!!, but between the tickets, a hotel, and gas to get there it was going to be way too expensive. At least I know I'll be more comfortable at home rather than in the stadium with a bunch of obnoxious drunkards.
I guess that's about all I have to say for now. Who knows if I'll get on here before we leave for all our vacations, but if not I hope everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment