This is the video of our "garden" that I've been promising yall for months now. Sad to say our garden has grown a lot, BUT all the plants have died on us with the exception of a few flowers.
Bear has finally warmed up to Sophie! They haven't quit playing since I started taking these videos at 8ish. I have taken quite a few videos, but it takes too long to uplaod them so I have only uploaded this one for yall to see. I'm so glad that they are starting to really play. Bear is a little rough with her, which was a concern at first, but she seems to be holding her own. He acts like she's Tom, but he doesn't know what to do when she fights back since all Tom does is lay there. When they go outside to potty all Sophie wants to do is follow Bear all over the yard. He ignores her for the first few minutes while he does his business, but then he'll start running around so she'll chase him. It's too cute. She did pretty good her first night with us. I was going to lock her in the bathroom but put our baby gate up so she didn't feel as lonely but, of course, she started crying anyways. After a few minutes of that I put Bear in there with her so she wasn't alone and it seemed like that worked for a while, but then Bear started barking so Sophie started barking. We tried to ignore it for about 5 minutes, but it was too sad so we got some towels and laid them on the bed and put them both up there with us. I was worried Sophie would fall off, but she seemed to know where her boundaries were. I didn't get very much sleep at all which I can only think is from worrying about Sophie falling off the bed or using the bathroom on it. She slept from 10-4 and then she got antsy so I got up and let her out. Let me just say this dog takes forever and a day to use the bathroom! She gets distracted so easily- she manages to find something to eat every step she takes and she hears every little noise possible. We were outside for 15-20 minutes before she finally peed- and I didn't know it at the time, but apparently I got ate up by mosquitos while we were waiting. After she pottied we went back to bed and had an even rougher sleep. Anytime she got up to move I thought she was about to pee on the bed so I was on edge. Eventually I woke up at 7 and let her out again. I am proud to say that she hasn't gone to the bathroom in the house for over 24 hours- although, we ALMOST had an accident, but I managed to look at her right when she got into position so I rushed her out the door; and then it literally took her about 30 minutes to go. Crazy little thing! Unfortunately we didn't make it to church over concern for Sophie, but we did watch a local sermon being televised so at least we got some kind of church experience. Sophie has managed to fall off the couch a few times, but she generally lands on our fluffy blanket and it's not like it's a long fall at all. Today Tom and Lexi both swatted at Sophie. Lexi swatted twice so Sophie is keeping her distance from her, but Tom hasn't done anything since then and Sophie is a little more careful around him. Sophie also got her collar stuck in our vent, somehow, which compeletly freaked her out. I was back in my bathroom and all I could hear was her squalling. You'd think she was dying! Lucky Justin was sitting on the couch and was able to get to her quickly.
Well, that's about all the excitement for today. We're about to settle down and hit the hay! Hope everyone has a good week and stays dry- it rained here EVERY day this last week, Monday through today.
No comments:
Post a Comment