Saturday, November 27, 2010

And It's the Start of Something New

So, I got this "blog" idea from Allison. It seems to work pretty well for her to keep in touch with everyone so I thought I'd give it a try. This way I can post whenever I have time and yall can check whenever you have time.

The last few days have been nothing but lazy. Justin and I had a good Thanksgiving, even though it was just like any other day. We didn't even have ONE real meal the whole day. We munched on chips and spinach dip most of the day. I was planning on making a big, nice Thanksgiving meal for us, but WalMart was out of the normal small turkeys so we were just out of luck. It was still a nice day to relax though. We did, however, go to WalMart at midnight to kick off Black Friday and oh man! INSANE. It was packed and people were acting crazy. I felt so bad for all the employees, although I saw some of them get a little snippy with customers. Justin and I ended up just coming home and buying each other presents online.

Next week is my last "full" week of school. I only have 2 classes MWF 8-850 and TR 8-915. Justin still has his full, normal schedule next week. I have finals December 7, 9, and 10. This Friday I'll be making my work schedule for finals week and for next semester. Over Christmas break the library isn't open as late or as often and if they do it like any other break, I won't have to work unless I want to- which I will so that I have something to do while Justin is at work and I can make extra money. Justin's work schedule is still going good, they haven't scheduled him for more than 3 days since he last talked to them so that's a good sign. He never received an acceptance letter from UA, but he registered for orientation which happens to be THE DAY before classes start so he probably won't get a great schedule.

Justin and I put up our Christmas tree Thanksgiving night and I am SO excited. Well really, Justin put up the tree and did most of the ornament hanging while I was doing something for school. I LOVE Christmas and I'm super happy it's finally the season to start decorating and playing Christmas music. We're going to go shopping for some decorations and wrapping paper tonight or tomorrow.

The weather yesterday was FREEZING and gloomy. It's still a little chilly today, but not near as bad as it was yesterday. It better start warming up or start snowing, either way the weather just being cold gets old real fast.

2 comments:

  1. A very good idea...works for Ally & I, so I think you will like this much better. Love the Christmas theme background...where did you find it?

    Sorry bout your boys not doing so well yesterday...maybe next year??!! My boys kicked some major gater butt today! Woohoo...

    Make sure you post some pics of the Christmas decorating.

    Haven't gotten up with Matt yet, but I will try to remember to tell him to check FB.

    Love ya both...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the background from the same person you got yours from.

    Yeah, the game was good for us in the first half at least.

    I'll try to post a picture of our tree soon, that's about all the decorating we've done.

    And don't worry about telling Bubby, I already took care of what I need him for.

    Love you too.

    ReplyDelete